Make a simple yet adorable Valentine’s hand print art work with even the very young kiddos. It will be a keepsake for years to come!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for details. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love hand print cards.
First of all, they are extremely easy to make and even the youngest of kids (yes, babies!) can participate. In fact, your child’s contribution to the card (adding their hand print) is of UTMOST IMPORTANCE to the finality of the card.
I just love love LOVE that the child’s participation is absolutely crucial to the completion of the card.
On top of that, these adorable cards are super meaningful and special to the ones receiving them (cue the oohs and aaahs).
Valentine’s Day Hand print Poem
First, the printable comes with a short message that reads:
To show you my heart on this special day of love, here’s a handmade flower, just for you! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Next, there is a flower vase with some flowers to the right of the on the message. One of the flower stem is missing a flower. This is where kids can make their hand print.
Once kids have placed their hand print on top of the stem, the flower is complete. As easy as that!
These simple yet meaningful gifts are such a joy to make and receive!
Free Valentine Hand print art Printable
The printable comes in PDF format and comes with text and art work. Print it on letter size (8.5″ x 11″) cardstock so it’s more durable. You can also print it on regular printer paper and laminate the card once the handprint is dried.
Additionally, you can also place the card in a picture frame as a nice gift!
Don’t forget to write the year on the back of the printable so you can remember how old the child is when looking back.
Easy Valentine’s Day Craft
To make this simple Valentine’s day craft, you will need the following supplies:
- VALENTINE’S DAY HAND PRINT ART PRINTABLE – Link at bottom of Post
- WHITE CARD STOCK
- NON-TOXIC PAINT
- DISPOSABLE PLATE or PAINT PAD
- FOAM PAINT BRUSH or REGULAR PAINT BRUSH – I used a piece of small foam
- DISPOSABLE TABLECLOTH – or anything to protect your work surface
How to Make SIMPLE Valentine’s Day Hand print Craft
- First, print out Valentine’s Day Hand Print art Printable (Link at bottom of post) on white card stock. Use regular printer paper if you are planning to laminate or frame the artwork at the end. (see optional touches below).
- Second, pour out non-toxic washable paint on a paper plate. I recommend using red paint as it goes nicely with the valentine theme. However, if your child has a favorite color NOT RED, feel free to use another color. It is after all, their artwork.
- Next, use a foam brush to evenly paint child’s hand.
- Then, help the child make a hand print right above the tip of flower stem.
- Finally, allow hand print to dry and you are done!
How Do I Download This Free Printable?
Please allow up to an hour for the welcome email to fly through cyberspace and travel into your inbox. If you still don’t receive the email, make sure to check your junk or spam folders and add my email to your safe list!
Once inside the library, you will find the printable listed under section ‘V’ as “Valentine’s Handprint Art“. Click on the blue “PDF” button to download.
- VALENTINE'S DAY ART PRINTABLE - available in the Free MindyMakes Resource Library
- NON TOXIC PAINT
- FOAM BRUSH
- DISPOSABLE PLATE
- Print out your FREE VALENTINE'S DAY ART PRINTABLE on card stock (see note 1).
- Gather all the necessary materials.
- Squeeze some paint onto disposable plate.
- Use foam brush to dab some paint.
- Apply paint evenly to the palm of your child's hand.
- Help your child stamp their hand print above the stem that is missing a flower.
- Allow hand print to dry.
Note 1: Alternatively, print on regular paper. Then once the hand print is dry, laminate the artwork for durability.