This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for details. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This simple hand print poem is a simple yet adorable gift for mother’s day. Perfect for even very young children!
Mother’s day is such a special time of year to celebrate and appreciate moms!
However, sometimes it’s just so hard to find a meaningful gift that even very young kids can give to mom.
This hand print poem for mother’s day is the perfect handmade gift for little kids to give to their moms. It is simple, easy, and can be made by infants to preschoolers (with some help of course).
Mom is going to love receiving this special keepsake this mother’s day!
Mother’s Day Hand print Poem
This one is a great activity even for very young children to gift mom something handmade.
First, the printable comes with a short poem that says:
This flower is from me to you
Thank you for all that you do!
You’ve helped me grow
More than you know
I love you so!
Next, there is a flower stem on the right for kiddos to stamp on their hand prints. Once kids have placed their hand print on top of the stem, the flower is complete. As easy as that!
I love these simple yet meaningful gifts!
Free Hand print Poem Printable
The printable comes in two versions, one with a border and one without.
Choose the version you’d like to print, or let your child choose. Kids are usually more excited about a project that they got to “pick out”, even more so when it’s for mom!
Just note that if you want to add a sunshine handprint to the artwork, you should print the version without the border. Otherwise, the border will get in the way of your sunshine.
Easy Mothers Day Craft
This easy mother’s day craft is not only a perfect handmade gift for mom, it is also an adorable keepsake for years to come.
Kid’s grow up so fast that their hands will never be so small again!
I actually really wished I had done this craft with my son when he was an infant to see how much he has grown!
So, gather your supplies and follow the instructions to make this super cute hand print craft for mother’s day.
To make this easy mother’s day craft, you will need the following supplies:
- MOTHER’S DAY HAND PRINT POEM PRINTABLE – Link at bottom of Post
- WHITE CARD STOCK
- NON-TOXIC PAINT
- DISPOSABLE PLATE or PAINT PAD
- FOAM PAINT BRUSH or REGULAR PAINT BRUSH – I used a piece of small foam
- DISPOSABLE TABLECLOTH – or anything to protect your work surface
How to Make Mother’s Day Hand print Craft
Follow these 5 easy steps:
- Print out Mother’s Day Hand Print Poem Printable (Link at bottom of post) on white card stock. Use regular printer paper if you are planning to laminate or frame the artwork at the end (see optional touches below).
- Pour out non-toxic washable paint on a paper plate. For older kids, let them choose the paint color that they likes.
- Use a foam brush to evenly paint child’s hand.
- Help the child make a hand print right above the tip of flower stem. Depending on the size of your child’s hand, they may be able to spread out their hands like a “five” even on the printable with the straight stem.
- Allow hand print poem to dry and you are done!
Extra (optional) Touches for Mother’s Day Hand print Art
Option 1: For preschool aged children who can write, let me sign their name on the bottom or write “To Mom” at the top.
You can also write the date on the printable so everyone can remember when this art print was made.
Option 2: Add a sunshine hand print at the top of the art work.
To do this, first paint your kid’s hand with yellow paint. Next, help them stamp their hand print on the top left corner to make it look like a sun. Allow to dry
Option 3: Use different colored paints for the hand print to create a colorful flower.
To do this, you will first need to paint the child’s hand in different colors before stamping their hand print above the stem. You can even let the child choose what colorful flower they want to make for mom!
Option 4: Once the paint is dry, frame the printable to give it an extra special touch.
Option 5: Laminate the printable and gift it as is. Additionally, you can also punch two holes at the top of the art work and thread a ribbon through so mom can hang it up!
How Do I Download This Free Printable?
Please allow up to an hour for the welcome email to fly through cyberspace and travel into your inbox. If you still don’t receive the email, make sure to check your junk or spam folders and add my email to your safe list!
Once you get into the MindyMakes Resource Library, click on letter “M” in the index to jump to section M.
Under section “M“, click on “PRINTABLE: Mother’s Day Handprint Poem” to open the PDF file.
Something’s still not right? Feel free to reach out to me at: [email protected]
- Print out Printable on cardstock.
- Gather all necessary supplies.
- Squeeze paint onto disposable plate.
- Dab some paint with a sponge or brush.
- Apply paint evenly onto child's hands.
- Ooh look at that! Child's hand ready for handprint!
- Help your child stamp their handprint above the flower stem of printable
- Handprint flower complete! At this point your art print is finished. You can write "To: Mom" on upper left white space, or you can continue and handprint a sunshine onto the printable.
- Dab some yellow washable paint onto child's 4 fingers (don't need the thumb) and upper half of palm. Make a handprint on the top left corner of printable.
- Finished! Mother's Day handprint poem with flower and sunshine!
More Fun Activities the Kids will Love!
Let kids answer questions all about mom. Great keepsake for years to come!
Dad will have a blast reading this fun questionnaire from their kids.
Great activity for kids to practice telling others about themselves!